If you're looking for a place to work that believes in collaboration for win-win situations, thrives on sharing ideas and provides grassroots empowerment to all people, Lone Star Credit Union may be the place for you. As a trusted financial resource since 1967, we know we're connected deep within our communities. Every action each of us takes at LSCU is part of a bigger initiative that makes a true difference in people’s lives - for the better.
We're all about people
The reason our employees love working at LSCU? It's simple: the people. We share a common set of values focused on honesty, trust, service, respect and communication, reflected by our tenured staff and loyal Members. Although our credit union continues to grow, we still believe in taking a very personal approach in the way we do business. We take time to get to know our Members and find out what’s important to them. And we take the same approach with our employees.
We listen to your ideas. We value your experience. We know you’re going to bring something new and different to our organization that enhances our ability to grow and better serve our Members. We provide the support you need to grow professionally as well as personally. And we respect and encourage a healthy work-life balance with paid time off, retirement plans and affordable health, dental, and vision care.
I enjoy working at Lone Star Credit Union because they truly care about our well-being and growth. We are one big family here and work great as a team to ensure our members are well taken care of.
-Candice C., 2021 Employee of the Year
When I first started with Lone Star Credit Union everyone would tell me “we are all family here!” I ended up living this statement personally with LSCU. Since my first day, I have felt so welcome. I have never worked for a company that genuinely cared for their employees and put aside their own business needs. It is amazing to work for a company that really gives back to their employees in many ways. I was very fortunate to be given a chance to become a part of the LSCU team. My time with LSCU has made me want to keep working hard and do the best I can as an individual to represent the company well and help our members feel valued for choosing us.
- Jessica T., 2020 Employee of the Year
"I love working for Lone Star Credit Union because of my coworkers, they make getting up and coming to work easy. We all have specific job duties, but we all work together as a team to get things done. We are culture driven and are one big family. "
- Meghan M., 2019 Employee of the Year
"I like working at Lone Star Credit Union because I am given the opportunity to learn and develop skills that allow me to grow and flourish within the company."
- Cruz G., 2018 Employee of the Year
"Every day I get to do something I love and make a difference in people's lives."
- Rosie V., 2018 Employee of the Year
Branch Supervisor (Dallas)
The recently renovated, technology driven Dallas Branch is seeking an experienced supervisor to assist in the management and direction of the branch. Initiative, a passion for service, and the ability to guide our Members and guests through a memorable branch experience is required. The supervisor will motivate, lead, and coach staff to deliver exceptional and memorable Member experiences while ensuring their financial needs are met.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a minimum of two years’ experience in financial retail operations, with increasing levels of responsibility and previous supervisory experience
- foster collaborative partnerships with employees and Members
- demonstrate professional and effective communication
- have the ability to effectively communicate in Spanish
- Lead the transition of the Dallas branch to a non-traditional branch environment.
- Assist Branch Manager with the ongoing performance management of staff, to include timely feedback and coaching; conduct morning huddles; ensure employees are maximizing opportunities to match financial needs with credit union products and services.
- Provide guidance, answer questions, and help to resolve disputes. Perform transaction overrides, approve transaction exceptions, and assist in resolving any out of balance issue.
- Perform duties of a Financial Service Officer as needed. Receive and process financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and loan payments; conduct new account functions and respond to Member inquiries.
- Supervise, schedule, and monitor daily activities and cash operations within the Dallas branch. Ensures vault opening, closing, and balancing procedures are completed.
- Maintain branch facility, including maintenance requests, cleanliness, organization, and ensures the security and safety of the branch.
- Follow all policies and procedures regulated by the credit union, as well as governmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for consistent compliance with operational policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations.
Community Engagement Advisor
The Community Engagement Advisor is responsible for developing and implementing community and Member engagement activities with a focus on growth opportunities, building relationships, and increasing brand awareness. This position is responsible for managing business partner relationships and engaging Members and potential Members to learn more about Lone Star Credit Union and the products and services we offer. Consistently promotes community presence and brings energy and passion for financial education.
- Deliver LSCU’s good2Go@Work program to business partner employees. Provide coaching as a Certified Financial Counselor, create and deliver educational sessions through on-site and/or video presentations, and provide alternatives to the traditional way of opening accounts, applying for a loan, and providing account assistance.
- Develop and deliver financial education presentations for business partners, schools, chambers, etc.
- Host membership drives to open new accounts and generate leads through business partner onsite visits and community events.
- Work closely with Vice President, Marketing to develop and market successful social media campaigns to ensure exposure.
- Manage corporate giving, sponsorships, and Member and community event coordination.
- Seek new business partner opportunities and increase existing business partner penetration.
- Serve as Lone Star Credit Union Ambassador at various functions, meetings, and events.
- Maintain reports to track and evaluate results of all community engagement activities.
- Know and understand credit unions and the products and services offered
- Credit union new account, lending, and/or member service experience preferred
- Proven sales ability
- Advanced verbal, written, listening, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and deliver presentations to a broad range of individuals across diverse cultural backgrounds
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be a licensed driver in the state of Texas
- Ability to work flexible schedule that requires attendance at some after-hours and weekend events
- Ability to obtain Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor, CCUFC designation
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred
The Community Engagement Advisor will focus efforts on a 10-mile radius around the Dallas branch, Greenville, Terrell, and Kaufman. A company car will be provided.
The priority of this position is to be out in the community but has the flexibility to work from home or in any branch office as needed.
Applicants are subject to a background investigation, consumer credit history check and aptitude testing. Applicants must be bondable. Lone Star Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.