If you're looking for a place to work that believes in collaboration for win-win situations, thrives on sharing ideas and provides grassroots empowerment to all people, Lone Star Credit Union may be the place for you. As a trusted financial resource since 1967, we know we're connected deep within our communities. Every action each of us takes at LSCU is part of a bigger initiative that makes a true difference in people’s lives - for the better.
We're all about people
The reason our employees love working at LSCU? It's simple: the people. We share a common set of values focused on honesty, trust, service, respect and communication, reflected by our tenured staff and loyal Members. Although our credit union continues to grow, we still believe in taking a very personal approach in the way we do business. We take time to get to know our Members and find out what’s important to them. And we take the same approach with our employees.
We listen to your ideas. We value your experience. We know you’re going to bring something new and different to our organization that enhances our ability to grow and better serve our Members. We provide the support you need to grow professionally as well as personally. And we respect and encourage a healthy work-life balance with paid time off, retirement plans and affordable health, dental, and vision care.
When I first started with Lone Star Credit Union everyone would tell me “we are all family here!” I ended up living this statement personally with LSCU. Since my first day, I have felt so welcome. I have never worked for a company that genuinely cared for their employees and put aside their own business needs. It is amazing to work for a company that really gives back to their employees in many ways. I was very fortunate to be given a chance to become a part of the LSCU team. My time with LSCU has made me want to keep working hard and do the best I can as an individual to represent the company well and help our members feel valued for choosing us.
- Jessica T., 2020 Employee of the Year
"I love working for Lone Star Credit Union because of my coworkers, they make getting up and coming to work easy. We all have specific job duties, but we all work together as a team to get things done. We are culture driven and are one big family. "
- Meghan M., 2019 Employee of the Year
"I like working at Lone Star Credit Union because I am given the opportunity to learn and develop skills that allow me to grow and flourish within the company."
- Cruz G., 2018 Employee of the Year
"Every day I get to do something I love and make a difference in people's lives."
- Rosie V., 2018 Employee of the Year
Branch Supervisor (Dallas)
The recently renovated, technology driven Dallas Branch is seeking an experienced supervisor to assist in the management and direction of the branch. Initiative, a passion for service, and the ability to guide our Members and guests through a memorable branch experience is required. The supervisor will motivate, lead, and coach staff to deliver exceptional and memorable Member experiences while ensuring their financial needs are met.
The ideal candidate will:
- have a minimum of two years’ experience in financial retail operations, with increasing levels of responsibility and previous supervisory experience
- foster collaborative partnerships with employees and Members
- demonstrate professional and effective communication
- Lead the transition of the Dallas branch to a non-traditional branch environment.
- Assist Branch Manager with the ongoing performance management of staff, to include timely feedback and coaching; conduct morning huddles; ensure employees are maximizing opportunities to match financial needs with credit union products and services.
- Provide guidance, answer questions, and help to resolve disputes. Perform transaction overrides, approve transaction exceptions, and assist in resolving any out of balance issue.
- Perform duties of a Financial Service Officer as needed. Receive and process financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and loan payments; conduct new account functions and respond to Member inquiries.
- Supervise, schedule, and monitor daily activities and cash operations within the Dallas branch. Ensures vault opening, closing, and balancing procedures are completed.
- Maintain branch facility, including maintenance requests, cleanliness, organization, and ensures the security and safety of the branch.
- Follow all policies and procedures regulated by the credit union, as well as governmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for consistent compliance with operational policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations.
Applicants are subject to a background investigation, consumer credit history check and aptitude testing. Applicants must be bondable. Lone Star Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.